Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Sun Came Out!




I guess with a title like that, I give the impression that we're once again experiencing something like the 40+ days and nights of rain in 2006. It's really nothing like that at all. Just rain at night and cloudy during the day. Something like 79degrees and 75% humidity. We've been getting the weather from the west coast, so there haven't been too many days without clouds.



This morning, before I went to school, it looked pretty nice, so I thought I'd get the quilt washed from the guest room. I was surprised when I left school and it was still very sunny. Got the quilt hung on the line and the "cat-a-walling" from next door started. I went ahead and answered a few e-mails and talked to Terry about his uncle's condition.



Since it didn't seem like there'd be any peace anytime soon, I decided to go to the beach. Got my suit on, towel, chair and mindless reading material and headed off. I was just hoping that maybe just for an hour it would be clear. As you can see by the picture...it was beautiful! I went to Chuns Reef. I was a little aprehensive about going in the water, since there was some surf. So glad I went in. With all that's going on I just felt I needed some "time". I also felt like I might be getting sick, just a cough. The Hawaiians believe that the ocean cures all. Have a cut, go in the ocean. Sore muscles, go in the ocean. Cough or cold, go in the ocean. I really did feel so much better after swimming and just looking at the sky, clouds and clear water. As I sat there more than on person commented on how great the sun felt. Didn't matter that the surf wasn't that big, just nice to be outside.
I was so glad that the Sun Came Out!




2 comments:

Lois said...

Hi Jane, this will be a great way to keep up on the happenings "over there". Sorry to hear about Roy.

wylats,

Lois

Ashleigh Baker said...

Oh, so beautiful! A relaxing day on the beach sounds pretty nice right about now. It's still pretty cold out here!