Monday, February 4, 2008

Aloha!



Aloha from beautiful Waialua! This is my very first attempt at blogging. I thought this might be a great way to pass along news, photos, etc., without clogging up your e-mails. I've always written notes to myself and have found that journaling is a great release. So we'll see.


As many of you know, we're involved continuing litigation with the neighbors. We just completed our 8th court date on their TRO hearing. A TRO is a temporary restraining order. We were awarded one against them a year ago. This has to do with their continued harassment of us. In June of 2007, they filed this against us. So we've spent all this time defending ourselves. This is the second time they've done this to us, loosing the first one against us. They have also lost the other two they tried to get against people here.

I think the hardest part of this, is that it's made me question myself. Not that, for a minute, do I beleive what they're accusing us of. When I went to see the psychologist in December, she put it all into perspective, but there's just that hint of "self-doubt".


We're hoping that the judge will through out their petition and award us fees and costs for having to defend ourselved against this frivilous lawsuit. They also have filed an appeal with the state Supreme Court...so maybe that will also be thrown out.


Now on to some more pleasant things. We've had a lot of rain the last few days. Today ended up being so pretty. A little on the cool side (75 degrees), but the sun came out and there was the most spectacular rainbow. Lucky we live Hawaii.
Geoff just left today. The house he'd rented for his team (Analog/Gravis) was supposed to be closed up, but they extended for a couple more weeks. He'd already had his ticket booked, and decided to come anyway. It was nice to have him here. He helped Terry and I with some stuff around here. I can't remember the last time that we actually spent time with only him. One evening, he and I went over to the neighbor's house, Ed & Laura, their six week old baby boy was having his "irritable" time. Geoff was holding him and got him to quiet down. He and Ed weren't talking about surf, they were talking about baby rearing! I watched him and realized that my "baby" actually was giving baby advice. Strange feeling:)


I didn't realize how long this first effort would take. I think I'll explore the site more and see what I can change.


Aloha and a hui hou,

Jane






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to your blog!
Please visit one of my blogs at: http://makemoneyphotos.blogspot.com/