Monday, February 25, 2008

Happiest Place On Earth...

Well now that I'm feeling better and not going to spend the rest of month in bed...I decided I'd finally post some pictures of our recent visit to DisneyLand. You'd think that we'd be tired of it by now, but NO! The best thing about the Annual Passport is that you really don't feel bad only going for a few hours.

We'd gotten a little bit of a late start because Lauren slept in until 9am. Once we got in and put our heavy coats, gloves, hats and anything else that was heavy into the locker, it was time to start out. Lauren is getting really good at reading the map, giving me directions to the nearest potty. It was such a pretty day! I was amazed that it was so warm and it wasn't really crowded like I'd expected.


As we got up to the top of Main Street. I was going to take a picture of the castle, when Lauren asked if she could take one. I gave her a "quick lesson", put the neck strap on her and let her go. The following pictures are all ones that she took all by herself. She understood about the focus, and the wide angle, etc. I thought these were really good. So the rest of the day, she took pictures.


It was getting close to lunch time, so we decided to go to our "Favorite" place...the "Princess Fantasy Faire". The kids were so hungry and ate all their lunch and they wanted to color for a while. Lady Eleanor came and sat beside them. Jack told her that he wanted a trash truck. He was very chatty. I think he likes girls.

If your wondering what that is on their faces, it's face paint. Lauren loves to get her face painted. Jack has never wanted to do it before. This time, there was a cute girl doing it, he said he wanted to hold my hand and he wanted a dinosaur, and GREEN GLITTER! Lauren and I were so surprised. He kept it on all day and even wore it the next.

Jack really wanted to ride the train so we parked the stroller and rode the train around the park. I'm always amazed that the dinosaur part is just like it was when I went to "Grad Nite" in high school. Lauren took more pictures. We rode the Monerail to Downtown Disney and since I thought it would be fun to eat at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. We went to see if we could get it. No more reservations, but we were told to come back at 5pm.

Off to California Adventure. It's not something we do every time. The Disney Playhouse was closed, but we went to Bug Town. Lauren and I laughed so hard at Jack. We were on the LadyBugs (sort of like the Teacups, but you can't turn them). He was all ready to go and it started...I thought he was going to jump into my arms. Then he started laughing with us and he was fine.


He wasn't too sure about the 3d bug show either, but never cried, just wanted to hold my hand. Lauren kept taking pictures. Even took one of me changing Jack's diaper (not shown for obvious reasons).

I looked at the time, it was close to when we should head over to "Goofy's Kitchen". What luck, we walked up, asked for an opening and were taken right in! I know people wait months for this. I love this place. It's got good kid friendly food, table service and the characters come to your table...no running after them. Goofy stopped by the table and asked who Lauren's favorite Princess was. She said Snow White. Goofy then drew a remarkable picture of Snow White. Jack wanted something drawn too! Guess what? A TRASH TRUCK! Goofy thought about it for a minute then drew a truck with a can of stinky trash on the back! Those pictures were talked about by everyone. Needless to say, we saved them. In case you forgot...this is when I started feeling really sick. I was so glad that we were sitting in an air-conditioned place. The kids were so good. Eating all sorts of stuff and never complaining. While I went and got our food, one of the waiters sat with them. It was really cool!

We rode the Monarail back to Disneyland. By this time, I just wasn't sure I was going to make it much longer. Chills, fever, coughing, etc. I found a place to sit and explained to the kids that "Grammy was sick and I didn't think I could stay any longer". Lauren and her sweet spirit and heart. "It's okay Grammy, we can come again when you feel better. I don't want you sick". How could I not melt?

As it was, we were there 7 hours and really did have a great time at the Happiest Place On Earth !

1 comment:

Mishel said...

So glad you all had a great time...and glad you are feeling better now! : )