Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rain



Remember how excited we were that the sun had come out? We're back into a rain pattern for a few days. I keep getting "flash flood warning" pop ups on my computer. These systems are actually going by pretty fast, but while it's here it's amazing. If I'm home and it starts, I have to run around the house and close all the windows (we usually keep the tops open).




I was watching Terry yesterday when it started. Usually it's not too bad, and it passes so quickly that you can just stand under a tree until it stops. This is what he did, but it just kept on raining and started blowing. By the time he got into the house, he was soaked! The rain must have stopped within a minute.




Terry and I drove to Haleiwa to the Post Office and stopped to look at the surf. While sitting there, we could actually see the rain moving away and towards the mountian. What looks like fog or mist is actually heavy rain passing through. In the second picture, these were just some people fishing in the early evening. This actually Haleiwa Boat harbor, but in the background you can see the mountain with the misty clouds.
I'm trying to fight off a bit of a cold. Everyone in the neighborhood has been sick with something. Since Terry just got home yesterday and I don't want him to get sick...I slept in the middle bedroom on the futon. Actually was pretty comfortable. I feel much better this morning. Hope the sun comes out today so we can go for a swim. I know that would make me feel better.
Aloha,
Jane




1 comment:

Ashleigh Baker said...

A friend told me last night there were major storms in Hawaii--of course I thought of you and wondered if your sunshine was gone. :) Hope you feel better soon... Troy woke up with a cold this morning, too. Ick.