Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sad News

Aloha,

I got home from hula tonight and turned on my computer to check e-mails. I saw that there was one from Terry's aunt in Arizona. She'd written to me a few days ago and I answered this morning.

Anyway, she was very chatty. Mostly about the mobile home in San Clemente and stuff like that. The she types "now for the bad news". Because of her tone at the beginning of the e-mail, I couldn't imagine. The thought crossed my mind that it was something to do with Gerald. She goes on to say that Uncle Roy is now in hospice and not expected to survive more than a few days. He's been dealing with heart problems and diabetes.

I looked at the clock and realized it was way to late to call her. I'll do it early our time. I need to get a hold of Terry in Orlando. Funny almost two years to the day that I spent all night trying to locate him to tell him about his dad. He was also in Florida at that time.

Because we've gone through this before, I know that this is for the best. Rosie said that he was just so tired of fighting the battle. When it becomes clear that the end is near, it really is a blessing. We'd always thought that Uncle Roy would "go" before dad, because he'd always been so ill with different things.

Please keep us in your prayers. I know that Terry will be so glad that he talked to him on Christmas Day and how happy Roy was. I just thought of something funny, now all the Moysa children (12) will all be together again! No more pain or suffering.

Jane

No comments: