Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Acres of Sunshine...

Every few years in the fields off "Snake Road" sunflowers are planted.
Acres and acres of them.  A few years ago I wrote about them here.
It's always been a sight to see.
While we were on the mainland for the holidays, I saw some pictures on 
Instagram of the sunflowers. Only this time they weren't
off of "snake road", they were right up across from Pa'alakai 
market.  Before we left, I'd notice a lot of cars parked on 
that side of the street and people walking into the cane field.

Little did I realize that this is what they were looking at...



Since we've been back there's been so much rain and what people I've seen have been trying to
get mud off of their shoes, etc.

Why all the sunflowers? We learned that sunflowers act as a natural cleaner for the soil.

Thank you so much to Laura Cho-Stutler Cua for the beautiful pictures
and sharing them with me.


No comments: