Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hawaii Version of Downton Abby Tea...

My sweet friend, Marisa (also a "Downton Abby" fan) and I were
discussing this weeks surprising episode and decided that 
it would be fun to go to Tea somewhere.  I found out that
they still do an afternoon tea service at the Moana.  So today was our 
day to head into Waikiki.  

This was so fun!!!!



we both agreed that we had the best table on the lanai...right
overlooking the beach.



Marisa enjoyed her glass of pink bubbly

the food was so good!  Tea sandwiches, scones, mini-macaroons, Lilikoi tart, Devonshire
cream, lemon curd, mochi cupcake



we were given sandalwood fans





fresh berries with cream and brown sugar, to die for


the end was a lemon grass sorbet that was the perfect ending to such an elegant luncheon

while waiting for our car we sat on the front lanai in comfortable
rocking chairs.  We started chatting with a family next to us.  They 
were from Canada " but originally from the UK".  To say we were
swooning, would put it mildly.  We told her what we'd been doing at the
Moana.  She told us that she'd already watched season 3, wouldn't tell
us more, only that it's worth watching.

Cheers to my sweet friend,
"well we're locals you know"


2 comments:

Le Mama! said...

oh my gos I have to do this with my mom!

amynicole said...

So fun!!! And I finished season 3 the other night. It is definitely worth watching!!! I love Downton!