Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Watch...

probably 25+ years ago, hubby bought me a watch for my
birthday that went with my Hawaiian bracelets.
I remember picking it out...I loved it because it was small
and looked like a bracelet.

I used to wear it all the time, then I needed a new battery
and put it away and forgot about it.
Last week I was looking for something else and there was my watch!
I felt like I'd found a lost treasure (it really wasn't lost, just out-of-sight).
So I called my friend and asked her where she got watch batteries closer to the
the North Shore ( I didn't want to drive into town or Pearl Ridge).  She 
told me about a place in Wahiawa and since I had to take my car in, this
was perfect.

I explained to the lady that I needed a new battery and right away, she
remarked on my watch "how unusual and old!"
The watch wouldn't work without being sent in for a cleaning, etc.
So she filled out a claim slip for it and weighed it, almost 20 grams of
18k gold.

She explained to me that my watch was #1 unusual because of the weight,
#2 the design (like a bangle bracelet) and #3 the small size of it.
She told me that these watches just aren't made anymore because of the
cost of gold, etc.  My watch is worth close to $2000.00!!!! More
to actually make a new custom design one!  What?!

I've always loved this watch and maybe love it more now.  
I was thinking, maybe I shouldn't wear it all the time anymore, but why not...
since I've started wearing it, people have noticed it 
and commented on it.


funny when I was taking these pictures, you can see how it's worn
around the face.  



maybe I'll have to do a little post about my bracelets and
the story behind them.

1 comment:

amynicole said...

Wow! Very pretty, yes share your story :)