Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall

I've been reading lots of post in blogdom talking about Fall. Crisper air, leaves turning, apples, kids starting school, etc, etc, etc. Here in Hawaii nei, we only have two seasons, dry & wet.

The dry season means that there is less rain. No rain at night, maybe no trade showers. The wet season means more rain (big surprise). It's raining at night a little bit now, passing showers actually will leave puddles. We're actually heading into the wet season.

So I was thinking about trying to find some "signs" of Fall here in Hawaii. It took a while and little bit of searching, but I did come up with some "Fall~ish" things here on the north shore.
I hung my Fall wreath on the front door...note the tropical flowers in Fall colors

I baked some yummy whole wheat pumpkin muffins

lots of cars are now at Chuns, since there is the first swell of the season...no more swimming theresoccer season at Sunset SchoolUH Football

Believe me I can appreciate the brisk air, apples, etc, etc, etc, but I'd take Fall, Hawaiian Style any day!

Aloha,

Jane

No comments: