Saturday, October 4, 2008

Honolulu Symphony

Last night I was invited by my friend Iris to see the Honolulu Symphony Pops performance with Amy Hanaiailii. It was fabulous! Hubby was home, but wanted me to go, so I was so happy! We met at Kakaako Kitchen for dinner (Spinach salad was sooo good) and had a fun time just talking. Hubby and I went to one performance last year of the "Pops", I won tickets when they were doing an evening of the music from LOST at the Waikiki Shell. So I was excited to hear Amy sing in this setting. We've followed her career since the beginning.



Got to spend time with good friends Gary & Benita.
She sang a lot of songs, both English and Hawaiian from her new cd. Such a great voice. Sort of sultry, jazz type. It was also fun to hear Hawaiian music done in a "different" way.



Thanks again Iris for inviting me...it was great.


Aloha,


Jane

No comments: