Friday, October 10, 2008

Almost As Good

I'd been given the above cupcake kit for my b'day (thanks Lauren & Jack)! I haven't really had a reason to make something so "special" . I've made a lot of cupcakes since August, but this kit only makes 12, so that's why I've put off making them.

Well, today I was going to do my visiting teaching with my friend and I told her I'd make some cupcakes to give. I baked them last night when it was cool, and planned to frost them this morning. You have to appreciate that making these are a little more involved than the same old mix. I followed the directions to the letter, mixing for the required time, pouring slowly, making sure there was lots of love in these.

This morning, I got up early and started the frosting. Also, followed the directions, put a lot of love into them and took care with the frosting. This is what they looked like...



I saved one for hubby. I was waiting all day for him to get home, so he could give me his verdict. So after dinner, I presented him with his cupcake. I waited with baited breath... "almost as good as the real thing" he replied.

Oh well, guess eating them with wooden forks, taking them out of the cardboard box, pondering what flavor to choose and sitting outside the shop all add to the flavor to make them "real".

Aloha,

Jane

1 comment:

queenieweenie said...

They LOOK like the real thing!