Friday, October 3, 2008

And the beat goes on...

Since we had our BIG hoike in August, I haven't really written anything about hula. Not too much to say really, except we keep dancing. Over the years I've learned so many songs, but really can't seem to remember most of them. Once the music starts I can usually come up with most of the song, but if I were to sit and think about the steps, they just don't seem to come.

Dear, sweet Elsie, 88 years young, remembers them ALL. She definately is my hero. She says she writes it down, sings the song, practices, and that's how she can get it. I also do that, but the recall...


There are some songs that I don't think I'll ever forget. Guess that's a good thing because incase I'm ever asked to dance at least I have "a song". Should actually have a "hana hou" (do it again). I'm amazed that there are some gals that seem to remember EVERY song, dance, chant that they've ever done. Wish I could, but by now I'm sure it won't happen.
So for me, I'm glad that the beat goes on, and on, and on...

Aloha,


Jane




No comments: