Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Saturday Soccer and a Surprise Visitor...

On Saturday morning we went to Lauren's soccer game.  It was such a good game, so close.  She was all over that ball. 
 Later that afternoon we went to Jack's game.  This age group is so funny!  They look like a swarm of bees following the ball.  I love that at the end of every game the parents do this and all the kids go through.
 Just when we were getting to Lauren's game in the morning, my phone rang.  It was our neighbor Ed!  He asked me where we were and I told him at a soccer game.  He was heading south to San Diego and was just in San Juan Capistrano, after 5 minutes away.  So I gave him directions to the field (which is right off the freeway) and he stopped by!  He was laughing at Terry and I, "glad to see you guys are keepin' it real, shorts and slippers".  Lauren got to see Ed and he got to see her play for a little bit. 
The sweaters, flannel shirts and long pants show that we were cold.  Hubby had a jacket that he hadn't put on yet.
My sister Penny had also spent the night with us, so she was also at the game.  Lauren had quite the cheering section.  It was really fun.

We also ran into Amanda, her husband Michael, their kids and her dad Rick.  Rick had been Traci's soccer coach for years when she was growning up.  Small world.
Mahalo Ed for stopping by.


No comments: