Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why Obama won...

last night during dinner I was explaining to the kids why it was so important to vote and the reason for having a new president (Jack said it was because "George Bush was old"). Lauren was telling us that in her class they had held an election and Obama had won. We talked about the results coming in and I told her that we probably wouldn't know who the new president was until the middle of the night (remembering elections past). I promised that when she got up we'd turn on the tv and get the results.
On my way over to their house this morning, I stopped and picked up a paper with the above headline and sat it next to her cereal bowl. She was excited when she came down and could read the results herself.
Tonight at dinner, we were talking about school and I asked her if any thing was said about the new president. She said they talked about it and she was glad he had won because she had "voted" for him. I asked her why she "voted" for him and why did he win. Her answer: "Because I knew that he would get the most votes and that's why he's the new president".
Well, guess that pretty much sums it up...

No comments: