Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Wahiawa Sakura...

I had heard that up in Wahiawa Heights, there were 
were Sakura (cherry blossom) trees.
I know that it's so much cooler up there (the houses even have fireplaces)
and that's why the trees thrive.

As I drove up California Ave. past all the churches, I started to
see a few trees.  Their bight pink blossoms giving them away.


Those delicate pink flowers.
I stopped an asked a man that was working in his yard if it was
the beginning or end of the beauty.  He told me that the trees were
just starting to bloom.
He said that his tree had been a gift more than 50 years before as
a celebration on the birth of his daughter.
 He told me to keep driving up to the school.

the whole playground at Iliahi Elementary School was surrounded by them.

I think we'll take another drive in a few weeks to see if the trees are in full bloom.
A little bit of Japanese beauty in Wahiawa

No comments: