Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Beloved Living Treasure...

Treasure...
noun: a person who is greatly loved 
                                                  verb:to hold or keep as precious :  cherish
On Saturday I attended, with my hula sisters, and other guests,
the presenting of the Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawai'i "Livng Treasures"
honor.  This year there were six honorees one of them being my beloved
kumu hula, Ms. Alama.

I loved the theme of the program.  
"Like a tree, these honorees
have sent roots deep into the community".

Ms. Alama was as beautiful and gracious as always.



there was a short video highlighting the accomplishments and
contributions of each honoree.



Ms. Alama has touched so many over the years with her hula.


During dinner Ms. Alama walked around to every table and posed for photos 
and thanked all of us for being there.


after the festivities ended, she had a few minutes to sit and rest with her
daughter, Pua.
(not the best picture, I know, but so much going on)


it wouldn't be a blog post for me without showing the table and food.

I'm usually the one taking pictures, so I'm thankful that I actually have one of me with her.


Yes, she truly is a treasure in so many ways.

No comments: