Thursday, February 26, 2015

Throwback Thursday...

March 1967
Doheny State Beach (before the harbor was completed)
first date with my very best friend and life partner...
my  Terry
even today he has the very same classy style he did so long ago.


he still had that same board, a Wardy, until we moved here.
Geoff had used it in vintage board contest.
I remember it was a little overcast.  We met two of his friends there and one of them
took this photo (finally developing it months later...Nov 1967)
Terry had a red, 1956 Porsche coup with surf racks (wish we still had THAT).
Years and years later, I would find those same blue/black Op trunks in the bus!

This first date was 
not long after asking me that faithful question while doing a surf check at
Newport Pier, "has it been like this all day?"

3 months later we were married.

No comments: