Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Change...



the other day I had to drive out to Rancho Santa Margarita.  Since I 
wasn't really sure where I was going I pulled up the directions on my phone.
It took me out the Ortega Hiway past our old house and farther.
I was trying to remember the last time I was out there...it's been years.
What a change!
All of the orange groves that were there are gone and
the hills are graded for houses.




I could hardly tell that this was the "dump road corner" it had
changed so much.

this is a sign that says that there are going to 12,000 homes in
Rancho Mission Viejo.
What the heck!

When we bought our first house in San Juan Capistrano 41 years
ago, there were only 5,000 people in the whole town.  There wasn't
a market (had to go to Capo Beach Vons or up to Mission Viejo).
There was a drive-in movie and after soccer everyone it seemed was at Thrifty's getting 
ice cream.
Our friends were telling me that the dump road is finally going to open all the 
way to San Clemente.  So is that going to be another way for those
12,500 families to get to the beach?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it was interesting. Good and interesting blog. Keep posting on. You can get awesome experience by visiting best travel sites