Monday, July 14, 2014

94 Years Young...

on Saturday after hula, my hula sisters and I celebrated one of our own, sweet Elsie.
She just turned 94!!!!  94 and she still climbs those 31 steps each week and
is better at remembering most of the songs than the rest of us.  
We told her that it was her choice (not Burger King) where she wanted
to go.  She choose Doraku and wonderful Japanese restaurant.

I had the Opah (my favorite) it was done misoyaki style and was wonderful. 

they were so nice, they even brought Elsie her own dessert...
tempura brownie.  I must say it was pretty darn good.



We had to try the tempura ice cream.
This was probably the best green tea ice cream I've ever had.
The tempura is really interesting and worth it.

Sweet Elsie is my idol.  She still lives alone, and takes care of herself.
She doesn't drive anymore, but she's fine with that.
She always tells me that "I'm slowing down".  I tell her she deserves to.
She's taken hula from Ms. Alama for 30+ years I think.
The love of hula and her sweet spirit keep her 94 years young.

No comments: