Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Air At Last...

air conditioning has come to A-9!
Last week when I had to drop off some stuff in the classroom, right away
I saw these two very large boxes.  
I had to take a picture.
There had been some fund raising going on to get air conditioning to
the "A building" and we were told that A-9 and A-10 would have to
wait.( I guess some years ago the upstairs had all 
the upgraded wiring put in, but for some reason not downstairs.)

 OK, we had resigned ourselves to it, when it was really hot we'd
just go spend time in the other classrooms (just kidding).

So as I was leaving I saw the principal and asked him about it.  Yes, it
was true...those air conditioners were for our room and it wasn't some 
cruel joke (oh lets store these in here for now).  
I texted Arlette right away, we were doing the happy dance for sure.


over the weekend I drove by the school and saw this!

Yesterday, Tumua told me to try them out...

I turned them on (they were set at 60, I didn't do that)...cool air!
A blessing... really appreciated!
Until I went outside to leave...
81 degrees (feels like 92 with 79% humidity)...
when it gets hot like it has been the last few days, I know where I'm spending the night!