Friday, May 2, 2014

Merrie Monarch Final Day~Friends...

the final day started early with a breakfast at Ken's with Charlotte and friend...
Charlotte is our neighbor, but lives in D.C., was stationed in Hilo
and has property there...funny that we were there at the same time.


once a year I have a leup chong omelette from Ken's...
once a year is enough.

we stopped by the craft fair so I could get a haku for my hat to
wear that night (it's so pretty)

the long awaited night is finally here...

Iris and Susen 1 row down...

bext to Val and Benita

1 row up, Roy and Stacey

t-shirts showing  support


#8 on the program...
Halua Hula Lani Ola.
They did such a wonderful hula.
I loved that they showed traditional hula at it's very best!
I know that Aunty Lei was looking down on them.
I could see Ms. Alama and the pride in her face was priceless.

so another year of Merrie Monarch is over...
this year was different in so many ways, but to see Pua's studio
up there was the best.

No comments: