Monday, May 5, 2014

Homeward Bound...

Sunday morning rain woke me up early.
I'd made plans to go out to breakfast with a friend.  We ended up going
early.  Another visit to "Hawaiian Style Cafe".  The amount of food you 
get there really is insane...we couldn't finish it all.

She dropped me off back at the hotel and I went to church. 
I'd asked the front desk for a late check-out and thought I'd be gone
by 3, but they said stay until 5...no problem.

Hilo airport was still crazy when I got there. A lot of people
waiting for flights all had the same look, exhaustion!
I found a quiet place to sit and it was perfect for people watching.
much easier to leave from Kona that's for sure.


lots of halau leaving on flight to Maui and Honolulu.
Hubby even tried getting me on an earlier flight, but every seat was taken 
and they even added 3 extra flights out of Hilo that night.
dancers carrying ipu, lei and costumes all anxious to get home.
I was talking to some kane members of a halau and they were telling me
that they'd only gotten 2 hours of sleep. 

finally got to board and was so happy to see the bright lights of Honolulu after 
the short 45 minute flight.

another Merrie Monarch full of memories...
now I have a full year to recover!

No comments: