Friday, February 28, 2014

Travis & Marisa...

two of our very good friends are leaving Hawai'i.  
I'm so sad, but also understand why they are going.
It's a terrific opportunity and they're smart not to pass it up. 

We went to Haleiwa Joe's for one final time last week.  
It was fun to talk about all the fun times we've had.
We first met them when we moved into our house.  
Travis worked for the builder, so we saw him everyday.  
Travis and the boys had been dealing with the "crazies" even before we moved in.
We were laughing over dinner about the time that I was sure would scar Travis 
forever…seeing "M" nakkie!  Oh the memories!

one last picture


no matter how busy we got we always tried to meet and have pupus at Joe's



When Marisa worked at Waimea, she got to work with two other good friends
of ours, Auntie Kanani and Coco.
I so appreciated the "behind-the-scenes" tour she gave me of that beautiful place.

 we tried some of the new places that popped up in Haleiwa
for various occasions



Marisa and I had "high tea" at Moana to celebrate Downton Abbey


Travis and Marisa are both great cooks


they invited me to beach parties at their beach.




one August we went to the Bon Dance in Haleiwa and watched the floating lanterns


when we used to have New Years parties on our street
we enjoyed Chinese fireworks!

I tried looking for old photos and came across some special ones.

When Twilight came out Marisa and I talked Travis into going to a midnight show
with us…
we waited hours to get in
Travis was such a good sport!

we were up early in the morning to watch live, when history was being made
dinners at El Palenque



Marisa was always up for a swim with me at Kaiaka




this picture makes me sad when I realize that these three, Ricky, Marisa and Travis
are going to be here anymore.  Even Juan is gone.  



They've been such good friends to Terry and I.  If he was gone, Trav would come
over to help me if I needed something.  Travis went to court with us numerous times.
When we got our new "smart" tv, it was these two that sat with us and listened to
the installer explain it.  Then it was them that we called for help when we couldn't 
figure it out!  
I couldn't find pictures of our Makaha Sons concerts, Travis having his
face painted by the girls and our morning pancakes on the bbq.
They were like our family when we were so far away.
We will miss them.
Colorado is far away.
aloha and a hui hou
Trav and Marisa
we love you guys!

No comments: