Wednesday, February 12, 2014

In My Next Life...

I'm going to own a storage place in Hawaii.
Yes, we live on an island where space is limited, especially
in our little house.
We've had this storage unit (5x5) since we moved here.
It started as a place to keep some family paintings of the kids that 
we didn't want to store here at the house because of the humidity.
I had my Spode Christmas dishes in there and some other
misc. things.  The Spode went back to San Clemente over the
course of a year in luggage on Hawaiian and the painting went
back also as part of Charlotte's move from Hawaii.

Now we have our Christmas decorations and some
personal things.  The futons are stored there along with some
Hawaiian quilt pillows I've made but they don't match here.
I've hung onto a very old round, rattan table that I love, but 
the house is too small for it.

We see these places all over.  I know Hawaii Self Storage has
7 locations!






so 4 times a year we go to Pearl City and open it and removed some stuff
only to put it back in a couple of weeks later.
Yes, in my next life I want to own one of these places…people 
come and go, pay their rent (some aren't cheap), if they don't
they lock them up and even later they can sell the stuff.
seems like a winner.

No comments: