Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Some Music At Aulani...

Saturday night I went with our friends the Iwanas and the Nitchmans
out to Aulani in Ko'olina to listen to some great Hawaiian music, Tony C.


I hadn't been out there since it opened and it's even more spectacular now that 
it's completed.
The music is outside at the "O'lelo Bar" and it was a perfect night to be sitting
outside.

Tony and his boys have been playing out there since it opened a few years ago.
I know him because he has played for us at Na Hula and has been long time friends with
Aunty Lei and Ms. Alama.   Every Saturday on his way to Aulani, he stops and
visits Aunty Lei in hospice.  I'd seen her earlier and we were talking about how
spunky she is.
They played from 6:30-10:00pm!
crazy good fun.
He played a mix of traditional Hawai'ian and Hapa Haole songs, so it
was fun.


Since we'd had such a big dinner at Highway Inn, we didn't order much food, only some
snacks.  The girls said we "had" to get the macaroon hamburger .
The "burger" was a chocolate macaroon, "fries" were sticks of shortbread cookie,
the "ketchup" was raspberry puree and the "shake" was some type of frothy
sweetness that you ate with a spoon with a chocolate "straw".
It was not only great to look at, but also very, very good to eat.
Only at Disney.

It was such a fun evening and we were saying that we'll have to do it again.
I commented to one of the guys in the band that "I guess they don't allow
bugs at Aulani because it's Disney".  There weren't any bugs flying around
even though there is a lot of water stuff there and no wind.  
I only wish they had better Kamaaina rates, I'd love to go out and stay there.

Big mahalo to our friends for including me in such a fun night.
Let's do it again!

No comments: