Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Downton Abbey Season Four Finale...

Sunday night was the Season 4 finale. 
Since I'd already watched the season on my British feed, I was
able to figure out the date of the final episode.
I made up some "elegant, Downton style"
invites and posted on FB.



When I was on the mainland, I went to Cost Plus and the Taste of Britain store
and bought up a few "British" things.  Hubby found the Allsorts and ate one bag.
It's very hard to get imported food here, so I made do with my own take on it.
The shortbread cookies were part of a "Downton Abbey Dessert" tin I shipped home.
I made some "easy" clotted cream (yum) thanks to "The English Kitchen" blog.
The lemon curd tarts are made with imported lemon curd that was to die for.

The tablecloths belonged to Terry's granny and are vintage. I just love them and they
are just perfect for this.
(they really were ironed, but I don't think they like the humidity)

I made tea sandwiches, cucumber, butter & watercress, roast beef & horseradish and
egg salad with dill on Hawaiian Sweet rolls.
At Whole Foods, they actually had three types of British chesses, white sharp, cranberry Devon 
and fig with honey.  I used some of the crackers and digestives that I had shipped home.



I'd read in the newspaper a few weeks ago about a place in town that makes
hand-held pies only 1 day a week.  I called "Let Them Eat Cupcakes" and "Georgie's Pies"
were happy to make me a special order.
I just warmed them.  They were so darn good!


even found some pretty pink flowers for a "tea bouquet "



I had an idea what I wanted for favors and found a place in town, Cookies By Design
that would make them for me.  It helped that the owner is also a Downton fan.
I looked up quotes that are so typical of Downton and they put them onto the cookies,
they came out just as I wanted.
A little memento of such a fun night.

Sara had found a "Downton Abbey Drinking Game".  It was pretty fun…
and the ginger ale, seltzer water and tonic water was flowing freely!
 one of the girls had served her mish in England and I had her stamp of approval, (even the clotted cream)!

part of this great group.  Four of the girls left early. So this die-hard group started watching
"Miranda" on Hula.  We were laughing so hard!

yup, we're already planning our next viewing party!

No comments: