Thursday, October 10, 2013

Waimea Falls...

I just found these photos on my camera.  These are from August
when the grands came for a visit.  I had really wanted to take them to
Waimea Falls since I had been there a few months earlier.  So we went
early in the morning when they opened.  My sweet friend, Marisa, took on
a personal tour of the park.  She showed Jack a Jack Fruit tree, we saw 
some very special babies and learned some special things about the 
park.

She dropped us off at the falls and the kids got their life vest on.  Life vest and
lifeguards are something new there (the last few years).
It was a little crowded since a tour bus had come, but really not too
bad.



they said the water was cold, but refreshing.  They made it to
the rocks below the falls, but were surprised how it felt
with the water falling.

after their swim, we walked back to wait for the tram.

perfect time for a shave ice

and a chance to try out the conch shell.
Jack could actually do it, but Lauren tried and couldn't
get any sound out.
Jack could get a job on the Kepoikai, blowing the horn to
get the tourist out of the way.

I'm so glad that I got to take them to this very special 
place.

No comments: