Friday, October 25, 2013

Haleiwa~ Big Changes...

I was gone for 2 1/2 weeks and when I came home, I found most
of the East side of Haleiwa surrounded by wood.  A wooden
fence has been erected from before Haleiwa Eats, to Aoki's & Iwa Gallery.
skipping Matsumotos and Global Creations.
They haven't torn down Aoki's yet, but I'm sure that's coming.




I drove around to the back and this is what I saw...more fencing
and big machines and some huge, old trees gone.






I found that the sunflower field has all been fenced in...
the whole thing.
There's been planting there for years and never had a fence...now
seems to be that most of Haleiwa has been fenced to keep people out.


The lack of fencing and country feel is what we've always loved about 
the North Shore.
How long will it be before there's an ABC store out here?

No comments: