Friday, October 11, 2013

A New Cookbook...

I have a real weakness for cookbooks...over the years I've gone from
the classics (Joy of Cooking and Better Homes & Gardens) to a whole
bunch of favorite cook books made by groups or friends (the old Laguna
Niguel Stake cookbooks are still my well-used favorites).
So when I saw that Ann Romney had a cookbook of family
favorites and was donating the proceeds to charity, I decided I needed it.

I was making plans to go to Deseret Books in San Diego to buy it and a few other
things.  When I went online to check the times, I saw that they had a store closer 
and that Ann Romney was going to be signing books that very night!!!!

Neither one of the girls could go, so off I went.  Perfect timing, even getting lost.
The line was around the building, but by the time I'd shopped and paid for
them, there was a lull and only two people in front of me.

Mrs. Romney was so gracious.  We chatted about grandchildren
and how great they were.  Even laughing about also getting lost!





while sitting in the car looking at the book, up pulls  two big, black
cars with some very official looking men...and out she came and was off.



so today I'll be pouring over the beautiful photos and text and deciding what recipe to 
make first... may be "Mitt's Meat Loaf Cakes"!

No comments: