Friday, August 2, 2013

Waimea Valley Concert...

last Saturday I went to the concert at Waimea Valley...
it was good fun.
I ran into a lot of people I hadn't seen for awhile 
and got to hear some great music.


the concert opened with two of my very favorite people...
my dear friend Coco and Aunty Kanani...
beautiful music for sure


lots of people got up and danced hula
(not me)

 Mele Apana
she can dance and is soooo funny

Kimo Kahoano
can dance a pretty good hula...and he got plenty $$$


Bla Pahinui
one of Gabby's sons

sweet Marisa busy at work

Brother Noland,
I love him, so different from Tony

the sounds of Ho'okena
one of my very favorite groups

Nani, their beautiful dancer



Jerry Santos and Olamana,
WOW, haven't seen them together forever

even the residents of Waimea Valley 
got into the act.

Mahalo to OHA for bringing great Hawaiian music to such a special place, 
Waimea Valley and the North Shore
(didn't take long to get there, but forever to get home!)

No comments: