Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pie Not...

Friday when Traci picked me up from the airport, she asked me where I 
wanted to eat.  She knows a lot of really good places and we talked about the choices.
Since we didn't have the kids with us, it opened up a whole different list (but Lauren is
pretty easy "gourmet shrimp taco" is something she loves).  Anyway,
Geoff had told me about this place 
"Pie Not" in Costa Mesa.  I had really wanted to try it.  I gave them
a call to see how late they were open and if they still had any GF pies.

We made it before closing time and before they were sold out.

These are Aussie Style meat/veggie meat pies.
They recommend that the ones with a top crust, you flip out of the pie tin 
and hold in your hand.

So yummy!

And they had the "Blood Orange San Pellegrino" sparkling water!



I got the "Drover" it was like a mini shepards pie

topped with whipped potatoes and loaded with meat and veggies...

Traci got the GF veggie curry one and said it was great.  Flakey crust and all!

Pie Not...a little bit of heaven in the US of A

No comments: