Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hokule'a

I'd heard that the Hawaiian sailing canoe, Hokule'a was in Haleiwa.
Early in the morning, I took a swing by to see if it was still there.  There were some of
the crew getting ready for the day.
This isn't the first time I'd seen her (more on that later)
but I was still impressed at what she has done for her size.




The girl explained to me that they were in Haleiwa until Saturday and then on to Kauai.
They had been giving school tours and doing some other promotional events to 
raise awareness of what the Hokule'a is about.
Next year they will head off on another long voyage.
I texted Traci so she and the grands could go by and see it.
They were lucky enough to go on and get a tour of her.

Hokule'a, Star of Gladness lives up to her name.
Safe travels

No comments: