Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Long Lunch...


had a very long lunch at Dukes with these two.

that we'd try to get together on a more regular basis, just us, with out the hubs.
Nice to have just "girl" talk with old friends.  

Of course we met at Dukes, best lunch going. 

we always think we're going to order off the menu, but end
up getting the buffet...
fish, namasu, tabouli salad,
YUM

so for four hours we sat and laughed, ate and talked.

Always nice to run in to old friends, the Makua Ohana who
were also having lunch.
(John Makua photo)

On my drive home I was thinking about these friends...
been friends with the Makuas for more years than I can remember...John and Geoff
surfing as little guys, weddings, Julia's 1st birthday, Kimo, Suzy working
upstairs , towel stand, now Deanna at WES

my sweet hula sisters, who I haven't known for as many years, but we still share
so many memories...weekly practices, lunches, New Year's, laughs, tears,
marching okoles, concerts, dancing under the stars, births, weddings
and now some heart breaks.

“Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.” 
― E.B. WhiteCharlotte's Web

No comments: