Friday, March 1, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons...





Last night was our Relief Society activity night, our theme
was "When Life Gives You Lemons".  Since I was in charge of
the decorations, I went with lemons, yellow and white.
We had three wonderful speakers.  They were completely 
different, but so wonderful.  After the speakers we
went in to the gym and played "Lemon Facts" which was fun...


As members of the presidency, we each made a lemon treat to share.  So
we had lemon bars (of course)

a lemon shortbread that was so darn yummy


lemon cupcakes

lemon tarts
and  lemon bread


we had lemonade and lemon water to drink

even some lemon drop candy
we ended the evening with everyone making a 
"lemon-sugar-coconut oil" scrub.
everyone said it was so fun and easy to make and it tasted good!
(these were the labels that I made to go on the container, never got one 
made for my self)


I just love Waialua Ward!

1 comment:

Kelsey Kamauu said...

Jane - it was so wonderful! Thank you for all your hard work - the decorations were beautiful, treats were delicious, talks were inspiring and I can't wait to scrub my feet...I hope you get a foot scrub for yourself so you can RELAX! Thanks again for all you did for this wonderful night! :)