Monday, August 6, 2012

Na Hula 2012

Another year of Na Hula has come and gone.  71 years this program has
been going on and the Alama sisters have done every single one of them.
So I do feel honored to be a part of it.

There is so much work that goes into the program every year. Not only the countless
hours of practice, the driving, and the stress, but on the day of the program backstage is a flurry 
of activity...
the leis have to be checked and tied together


Makaleka needs to put in her headpiece and more make-up applied,



our lei po'o are placed just right,

and one final kiss between the two sisters.  Ms. Alama always goes on 
first and Aunty Lei goes on right after her.






A huge mahalo to Tony C and his guys and all of my hula sisters for 
making this Na Hula so special.
I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it, but so glad I did.

No comments: