Monday, August 13, 2012

Aloha My Friend...

On Friday Iris, Benita and I  (the hubs just couldn't do it) went to the memorial service for John Koko.
He passed away at the age of 51 while waiting for a heart transplant.
John was the third member of the group Makaha Sons.  Hubby and I have 
gone to their concerts here and on the mainland for years and years and we became
friends.
It's sad that someone so young should be gone.
We have so many fun memories of them, just making us laugh.

Moon told us that John had wanted his service to be full of music and everyone
to be happy.
In typical Hawaiian style, there were random groups that got up to play music and 
you just sit and listen and talk story about the funny memories and remember that 
infectious laugh and smile.
I will miss the daily Facebook jokes and most of all just the music that was 
so special because of his voice.



will remember your  "have a Kokolicious Day".
so aloha, a hui hou my friend...



No comments: