Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Change...

in the view of the North Shore.
I haven't written about this yet because I'm not sure how I feel about it.
We understand the need for this state to find ways to cut the dependance on
energy sources coming from outside the state.  There is a huge push 
here for solar energy, which makes sense with all of our sunshine!
Wind also makes sense, with the trades.
What we're not sure about is the change to the view of the whole North Shore.
There are wind turbines in Kahuku that sit up on a hill, but you can't really see
them once you get past.
The ones that are going up in Haleiwa can be seen from all over the
North Shore.  Coming from Wahiawa, once you past
Dole Plantation, it doesn't take long for them to come into sight.
We've noticed them looming over Waimea as you come around the curve from Foodland.
They can be seen from Mokuleia all the way across the bay.

these photos I just snapped with my phone along Kam Hiway before the Haleiwa 
turnoff.






I snapped this one yesterday by the elementary school.


There are double the number of turbines than at Kahuku
and I'm afraid, double the eyesore.
It really has changed our beautiful North Shore.
I would hope that it doesn't take too long for all of us to see
the benefits...supplying electricity to ALL of the North Shore.


No comments: