Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Merrie Monarch~2

As part of the parade, the Coast Guard that is stationed in Hilo always participates. This year was especially special (?) to me because my friend and neighbor, Charlotte is the CO on that ship! Where I was watching, they came around the corner and when Charlotte spotted me, she jogged over! It was so fun to see her and her "guys", the crew of the Kiska.



After Charlotte was finished with the parade, she came and got me and she took me on a tour of her neighborhood! What a great house she lives in!




My favorite, green/white local style!


Since we were both starving by this time, she suggested this place...




that served this...

Note: if your ever, ever in Hilo Town, do not stop anywhere until you go to Hilo Bay Cafe. It was the BEST FOOD. Delicious! Totally unexpected for Hilo, that's for sure. Not that there aren't great places to eat, but this is exceptional!
After lunch, Charlotte took me on a tour of her ship. It was so interesting. I don't think I've ever had a ship tour before. Much bigger than I expected that's for sure.

Thanks Charlotte for such a fun afternoon in Hilo Town. I loved hanging out with you and your tour brought back lots of memories for me.
to be continued (again)...










No comments: