Friday, August 8, 2008

Sisters


My sister Penny and I are very, very different (as you can see...skin tone is just one thing). This past week she flew out here to be with my hubby and I during this very, very trying time. I'm so grateful that she came. It really did help!

During her stay, we didn't do the usual "tourist" things. She'd just been here in April, so we pretty much got all that stuff out of the way then. We went swimming almost everyday at my favorite place "Chun's Reef". There were a few days we couldn't go because she didn't listen to me, the older, wiser one, and put on loads of sunscreen! I did take a picture of her poor toasted foot, but it really didn't look that nice!

Since I've been getting ready for my hula performance, I drug her along with me. Up and and down the H1 countless times. She even told me that she felt like she was getting to know all the songs. We went to friends house in Ewa..."yes, we do live on the North Shore, with mangos and avocados"! Went fabric shopping for her and for me. Checked out every SEARS here on the island and just hung-out a little bit.


the crazy drive down Wilamina Rise! the ride up was pretty funny~thanks boys!


the view from the top of Wiliamina Rise!






No, we didn't go to the midnight release party :( Should have!)


the view from the heiau above Waimea Valley looking towards Waialua and Kaena Point

Next time, you really, really need to listen to your sister...S-U-N-S-C-R-E-E-N!

Thanks again, Pen for being there for us. It meant so much to both of us to have you here...your calmness helped!

love you,

Aloha,

Jane

No comments: