Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's HERE!


During the last few months, I'd been hearing/reading a lot about a book, TWILIGHT. Before I went to the mainland the last time, I saw ECLIPISE at Costco. I started it on the plane and figured out it was the second of a series, but also realized I was hooked!

My lovely daughter ordered TWILIGHT for me and I had it within 24 hours. I read until I finished it and started ECLIPISE. I couldn't stand it! I needed the third one! When my neighbor picked me up at the airport, I asked if we could just stop by Borders. I had it in my hands, this big, heavy book, NEW MOON. You would have thought I'd just won the lottery. I couldn't wait to get home to start reading.

I was so tired, but I had to find out what next? Edward (sigh...) or Jacob (pooh!) I also realized that I was on a timeline. The fourth and final (sob) book was coming out in a very, very short time, so I needed to finish number 3 and not be left out in the cold or people spoiling the fourth installment of the saga.

My sister from MN was coming, I knew my time was going to limited. No reading for hours for me once she got here. I stayed up late, woke up early. Yaaahooo, I finished it Friday night, just hours before the new book was released.

Penny asked if we were going to buy the book at midnight. My niece was going to a book store for all the fun, but I just couldn't stay up that late! It's the pits getting old.

Saturday morning after hula practice, we headed to Barnes and Noble. I knew this was easier to get to, parking was easy and I could just run in and out. The plan worked like a charm. Within minutes I had it in my hand, the final chapters of this saga...BREAKING DAWN.
My niece told us this morning (less than 24 hours after getting the book) that she'd already finished it. I couldn't stand it, don't tell me! My sister wanted to go to Aloha Stadium Swap Meet. "Sure, no problem, but if you don't mind...I'll stay in the car and read my book". So once again, I started reading, staying up late, up early...reading...reading....

Gotta go...
Read, read, read
Jane

1 comment:

Mishel said...

LOVE the first song playing on here! : )

Did you finish the book?