Thursday, January 22, 2015

HUGE Swell...

in the morning I started getting bulletins on my phone about the HUGE surf that was
starting to show.  The news had started talking about this swell over the weekend, but
then they announced that it would be big, but wasn't right for "the Eddie" because of
the direction.

after school I went on the bypass road to see how bad the traffic was...
bad!
this is looking towards Waialua with the cars all the way to Weed Circle.


I decided to wait and went back right before sunset.  Th air was full of spray from the surf.
so many cars were loaded with boards

all of the beaches were closed with caution tape 

Waimea Beach Park was closed to the public


probably a few hundred people lined the cliff to watch
 at Rock Piles, the water/surge had actually come up and over Kam Hiway


***as I was sitting in traffic I actually saw some tourist with rental boards
go under the caution tape.  Crazy for sure!

No comments: