Monday, November 24, 2014

Konos & Surfing Chef...

last week I went to Konos for breakfast (the was a field trip)
At first I couldn't figure out what was going on...about 10 guys
with big cameras and film equipment.  The girl was taking orders, so I figured
they were still open.  It was so crowded in there, but I made it to
my favorite table in the back and watched what was going on.



We see a lot of filming going on in Haleiwa but I think mostly
Japanese filming travel stuff.

This was different for sure, and they weren't from here.
in my pics, can't see the guy that they were filming while 
"T" the mgr., was making a Kalua pig plate.  While this was going
on the guys that work there were trying to get orders out...
crazy for sure.

I had to laugh (to myself) about how many times the guy they 
were filming said ..."broke da mouth".  Really?
every time they ran through it, they had a plate of food that they gave away.

Jamie O'Brien, North Shore surfer, was there and I found out later that he's 
actually part of the whole show. Guess the chef is someone famous, but
I'd never seen him before.

I have no idea when or where this is shown.  Maybe it's an internet thing.
Very interesting concept for sure.

Konos is our favorite so we're glad they're getting some exposure.
Their food really is 
"broke da mouth"

No comments: