Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tsunami Alert...


once again I got the beeping on my phone...
huge earthquake off the coast of Chile, a tsunami watch had begun.



I was at school when this one came, so 
we started wondering about the next day, about 14 hours after the earthquake.
Would there be school?
Where would it strike?

As the afternoon/evening went on, there wasn't any new news.
They were still calling it a warning.  The news did say that certain
places would be closed the next day, Hanamama Bay for one.

They were supposed to start seeing activity in the middle of the night and when
I got up, it looked like everything was fine.  They were advising 
people to stay out of the ocean because of the strong currents.

They showed a video on the news.  The beach looked so calm, but you could
see the strong currents moving the water.  

There was another strong aftershock, but they weren't expecting 
a tsunami.

Once again, hubby wasn't here, came home last night.
I'm used to getting the notices and listening to the news to find out
exactly what's going on now.

I have to admit, it can still be pretty unnerving.

No comments: