Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ho'okena...

last Friday night I went to a concert at the beautiful Hawaii Theater with
Benita & Gary.
It was the group Ho'okena.
I'd heard a little announcement on the radio earlier in the week and
asked B&G if they wanted to go.  Gary got the seats and they were great!
It was so nice to see a real live concert again.  
There seems to be a real lack of concerts going on here.  I know that
seems strange, but it's true.  There used to be a whole bunch of them
with top named performers.  I think that to make any $$$ they have to 
travel outside of Hawaii.
so that made this one all the more special!

(crummy iphone photo)

after the concert they were outside side signing their new new cd.
this is the first since founding member, Manu Boyd, left to go solo.


I loved it when they called Moon up on the stage and did a tribute to John Koko.

it was a special night needless to say.

No comments: