Monday, October 22, 2012

It's Open...

I heard on the news that the KARSTEN THOT bridge would re-open 
on Friday.  This is the bridge that connects Wahiawa to the North Shore.
Hubby & I were gone when the bridge closed (they said it was supposed to be for 6 weeks).
This left only one way to get to the North Shore from Central Oahu, the windy road.
One day I sat for 1 1/2 hours from Kunia to home...sitting in traffic!


Last Thursday I wanted to go to Costco and got stuck
past the s-turns on the windy road.  I heard on the radio that there was an accident and
Kam Hiway was backed up to Dole.  I turned around and stayed home.  
I was thinking...there wasn't anyway to get off the North Shore unless
you went to Kahuku and around that way.  

So needless to say, everyone is glad the bridge is open!





No comments: