Friday, July 20, 2012

Sisterhood Under The Stars...

Yesterday was our RS Activity Night.  We did something a little different by
not having it at the chapel, but outside at the Bishop's house at his 
fire pit.  
We decided on a pretty simple menu, Tinfoil dinners, Friendship salad and s'mores (of course!).
We, as a presidency, met early at the chapel to prep the food so it would be easy to 
assemble at the fire pit.



I got to the Bishop's house early and was so excited to see a "real" fire and a 
campfire setting.

The tinfoil dinners turned out to be a huge hit.  
Gourmet sausages, heirlom  fingerling potatoes, Maui onion, carrots and sweet peppers.


A lot of people didn't understand the concept of "Friendship Salad", bring 1 piece of fruit and
and it all together.  It was so good!



the dinners cooking...

camp songs were sang,


games played,



lots of talking,

and s'mores consumed!





We had a great turnout for something so different from our 
usual activities.  The setting was really like being away in the
mountains, the campfire smoke smell, the dirt, songs, the sound of 
the wind in the ironwood trees, no rain, and millions of stars...
I was in Girl Scout Heaven!

Just another reason we love Waialua Ward!

3 comments:

MaiTy said...

I'm really super super sad that I couldn't be there.... we have to do it again!!!

Trisha said...

I'm so upset with myself because I forgot all about it! I was so ready to go to it the Thursday before until Sis. Yau informed me of the correct date- and then I totally forgot about it. So sad, but glad that every body had fun!

Tara said...

I miss my Waialua Ward! Seeing all those picture sure made me miss you all. Thanks for posting!