Thursday, January 5, 2012

Riding mountains...

Yesterday was one of the biggest swells so far this winter.  Early before I went to school I went to
to Haleiwa Beach Park and realized that there were a bunch of guys out doing "tow-in" surfing.
They were so far out, and the lighting wasn't that good yet, but I got some pics.
These were taken with my big telephoto lens, and you can see how far out they are.





Some of the guys going out.

After school I went by the harbor and the guys were coming in...they had been 
out there for five hours!

along with a big swell comes lots of these on the road....

and the firemen waiting in case....


people can't read these signs.

Big swells also also bring out lots of boards for sale...
these were on the side of the road, but Foodland had a lot of board selling.

Believe it or not, this swell wasn't big enough to run "The Eddie".  The direction was 
wrong and it was very short-lived.
So maybe next time.

1 comment:

amynicole said...

you are really making me miss our home :) nostalgia at its finest :) keep it coming!