Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Eddie Went...different view

I know that everyone has seen all the videos of the actual contest, the Eddie. We watched it here at home on our tv (thanks Oceanic!!!). Very early (6:00am) I took a drive up to Waimea. On the radio, they still weren't sure it was going to go. Amazing sight. Cars were parked all the way down by Chun's and people were walking and biking up to Waimea. That's far!
Compared to the day before when it was grey, overcast and stormy, yesterday from the hint of sunrise looked like it was going to be a great one.
I took some video with my camera of the crowd on the cliff above the bay. More amazing than the beach crowd. People had camped there all night! They did have the best seats that's for sure. So here are 2 short videos of the crowd on the cliff~just to give you an idea of the other view you didn't see. BTW, it took my friend 2 hours to get home in Haleiwa from Sunset school .

The top one is actually when I was heading back into Haleiwa to go to school and the contest had started. You can hear the helicopter in the backgroud.





No comments: