Sunday, May 22, 2011

Waialua High Class of 2011


Last night I went to Waialua High School's graduation.  We knew three kids this year that
were part of the class of 2011.
A neighbor who had gone by the school and seen all of the cars asked me how could there be so many
cars for such a small class of 100.  I thought about it for a secon, then gave what I thought were
the reasons; Waialua is a very, very small town, everyone knows everyone; in Hawaii high school
graduations are huge deals.  Lines outside of lei shops, displays everywhere with the schools colors.
Waialua High School may be small but they've made some huge accomplishments.  10% of the class
are members of the National Honor Society (with is the national average).  The robotics team is only
one of 19 schools to be inducted into the International Robotics Hall of Fame.  As they were announcing
the graduates names and their future plans, huge roars went up from the crowd when it was announced
that three boys were entering the service.


Our neighbor, Kailey, who after being homeschooled asked me
what I thought about going to Waialua High.  I told her to go, it depended
on her what she made of it and that there is only this one
chance in your life you get to experience something like high school.
I think she was happy she went.





Congratulations Class of 2011, Waialua High School

No comments: