Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Perfect Day...


I know that this may not look "perfect" to many of you...no surf, but take it from me (and my point of view), this was just perfect! The other day I went to Chun's and ended up leaving after awhile because there was surf, and so that meant lots of surge and rips. The water was churned up, so it wasn't very clear. Don't get me wrong, it was still a great day, but just not my favorite.

So I had worked all am on my class materials for tonight (another post), got that done and thought that maybe just maybe the clouds/rain that it looked like towards Haleiwa had passed, I would try to swim for a little bit. I had asked the guys this morning if there was surf and they'd said "no, a perfect day for swimming". That's all I needed to hear, and I was off.

I got to the beach, I'd forgotten my towel, book and camera! Oh well, took the towel off the back seat that hubby keeps there in hopes it will keep the seat clean, found some very, very old magazines and hoped that nothing too exciting was going to make me miss my camera. I just wasn't ready to end this perfect day. At least I had my umbrella, visor and chair.

As soon as I went in I regreted forgetting the camera. I had my snorkel and mask. The water was just perfect! Clear, calm, cool and loaded with fish! The water was so clear 15feet looked like it was just 5 feet deep. I was so bummed about my camera. I spent a few hours just in the water. It felt so good, just perfect.

I re-read the magazines, talked to the fisherman and just enjoyed the perfect water. Just when I was getting ready to leave, I remembered that my phone had a camera on it, so that's the pic you see here. Maybe not the best pic, but just an hint at how really perfect today was.

Aloha,

Jane

2 comments:

Mishel said...

Sounds like a perfect day, for sure. Such a bummer that you forgot your camera though...

queenieweenie said...

Looks like paradise. I'm so jealous